Monday, August 1, 2016

Review Joying 10.1" Android Car Stereo Install in 2008 toyota tundra SR5

5.0 out of 5 stars6/5 StarsThis is amazing!!! I can't say enough good things about this unit.

Pros:
-huge screen
-android os (runs apk files, widgets, etc)
-external storage
-responsive touch screen
-tons of personalization options
-wifi is very fast and reliable
-bright screen
-equalizer and fader for all audio
-very accurate gps
-comes with 8gb flash drive

Cons:
-somewhat glossy and reflective screen
-the clips that hold the screen in place are flimsy at first
-this is the old version now and can't update to android 5.1.1 (lolipop)
-included music app does not have ability to search or scroll through music. (You can easily download a different one though)

I installed this about a week ago in my 2008 toyota tundra sr5 and it looks great.

I used this dash kit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00114OIRA/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this wiring harness:
[...]
The wiring harness missed,but you can contact: echojoying@gmail.com, we will help you.

I play angry birds and jetpack joyride all the time with it. I have also put a couple movies and 500 songs onto the included flash drive. Everything still runs flawless and there is no lag.

If I could change one thing I would make the screen less reflective. At night it is perfect, but during a bright day it can be hard to see.

If your car can fit this stereo then do it. Trust me 10 inches is incomparably better than 7.










3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad I found this! I have been contemplating one of these and wondered what it would look like in the Tundra. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you run into any problems with fitting the stock mounting brackets? I have a 2012 and the bracket dimples lined up but no screw holes.

    ReplyDelete